Location: Detroit, MI
- Because people need to see what is happening to the people and city of Detroit.
What's happening to Detroit?
- This is a good place to start.
What's the point of this site?
- To raise awareness of the social and economic challenges the city of Detroit faces through photography.
What is urban exploration / urbex?
- The exploring or photographing abandoned buildings and places. You can read an introduction on Wikipedia.
Is what you're doing legal?
Will you show me around X location?
- Email me.
Where is X location?
- With a few exceptions, I don't make any effort to conceal the whereabouts of a location. Most of them are already well-known, and can be found easily enough with a little detective work.
Your photos suck, you hack hipster douchebag.
- Mom, seriously, leave me alone.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.
Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
Margaret Mead, Anthropologist
(used with permission)
"If you don't like the news .... go out and make some of your own !!"
Wes "Scoop" Nisker, Newscaster
Government is a slow and tedious process. While it often includes citizen and neighborhood involvement, non-governmental, private organizations have created movements and interesting groups which can create positive change in our cities and towns.
I am fascinated by the way groups are created and how they influence public decision making. This blog merely recognizes them and forwards the description of these groups from their own websites.